Sunday, February 13, 2011

February is...

Black History Month...and in various places I have been seeing this:

"BLACK HISTORY IS AMERICAN HISTORY"

I've been wondering who said it wasn't.

I hope it's not the same people who created Black History Month...Hopefully they weren't saying they should have their own history separate from other cultures in our country...

I thought it was Black History Month because there were many Black American's whose contributions had been overlooked, and we as a nation needed to recognize them, and appreciate them, and celebrate them.

What's the question, folks? Of course Black History is American History...and I am blessed to live in a place where that is not questioned, and to have had a family that raised me to know that people are people whatever their skin color.

I wish it were so all over this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment