Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I was at the mall today...

...and I can now confirm for you that men should not wear jeggings...just sayin'...

Especially acid wash ones.

The merging of two eras -- the 80's and the Now -- did not enhance either look.

Jeggings...oh! it was painful to witness. Probably almost as painful as it was for the gentleman(I use the term loosely) to wear the tight things. When I looked up to his face, to avoid staring at the bright splashes of acid wash and the snug fit... I saw he had those big holey things in his ear lobes...and immediately I was staring again!

Why, WHY???? What is the attraction of this particular mutilation? I really want to see some of these people when they are pushing 70...If it's not pretty now, what will it look like then? If they just had some patience, they would find out that many things begin to stretch out and sag on their own...No need to help things along...Those ear lobes will likely be a tripping hazard for him one day...

A color-splashed tee completed his ensemble, and I believe he had red Chuck Taylors on as well...The gentleman looked to be about 35 or older...not an Emo Kid. I will say that he was neat and clean...just totally weird looking.

Maybe that's what he was going for...but again, I ask, why?  I just don't understand this current fetish of looking outlandish, with freakish mutilations of stretched ear lobes, and metal studs sticking out of body parts that should be left alone...clothes that are stretched tight, and slung low, and hair sticking straight up, glued in place...

It seems just a little too obvious that you're dying for attention...And you'll take any, even if it is for the wrong reasons. I know some of these people say they are challenging society's efforts to make us all one homogenous, monotonous group...But it seems that all the "free spirits" dress the same weird way. Apparently, there is a uniform for the non-conformists amongst us...

Whatever! It is a free country, and if you want to look ridiculous, go right ahead...but I think there SHOULD be some kind of law against men wearing jeggings...It's just...too...uh...nauseating!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm so old and out of it I don't even know what a jegging is! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Hilarious! Those "ear lobe" thingys freak me out too.

    ReplyDelete