Monday, October 19, 2009

NEWSFLASH:

WHITE HOUSE ADVISOR ALLEGES THAT FOX NEWS CHANNEL REPORTS THE NEWS TO MAKE A PROFIT!... a PROFIT, people!!! How nasty is that?! Even worse, it seems to be working! People by the millions are tuning in to Fox News, leaving other cable stations trolling for an audience. I naively assumed that CNN, MSNBC, and even the networks had profit as their goal as well...I thought it was merely due to their lack of success, that they became unprofitable. Silly me! Apparently, they were earlier having some difficulty moving down to non-profit status...Oddly enough, they can now thank Fox News for helping them achieve this higher plane of non-profitability as cable -watching Americans, of their own free will, abandon these former giants of media monopoly. Oh fickle Americans, can’t you see that being unsuccessful – I mean unprofitable – is the honorable way to do business, especially in the media? It shows that you owe no man – or does it mean that you owe every man? Either way, it’s the way to go. Evil Fox News...trying to make money...Feh! Before you know it, we’ll see "opinion journalism masquerading as news"! Can’t have that, now can we?

3 comments:

  1. Perish the thought! A profit making business that doesn't need a bail out.
    Media just ain't what it used to be...opinions and profits. What next?

    My gripe this morning is that Sarah Palin is going to appear on Oprah. Has she sold her soul to the devil? Do we watch or continue to boycott O!...
    I have been saying, "O! NO!" but now I'm not sure what to do. You?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting...I had just mentally noted that SP had not spoken in public for some time -- or at least was not quoted/blasted for some time... I thought maybe she had gone into hiding but now she is on Oprah...I have had a boycott of Oprah for some time now -- It began with her extolling the principles of Eckhardt Tolle... Not an intentional boycott, just could stomach anything she said after that!
    I guess I would say, "GO SARAH! Give H-E-double toothpicks!" but I'm not going to watch, more out of fearfulness than conviction...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and btw, I'd think she'd sold her soul to the devil if she went on The View...

    ReplyDelete