Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Rock and The Hard Place...

Recent buzz has our Governor, Christine Gregoire, as a possible candidate to move from our lovely state, to the Other Washington, to fill the Solicitor General position that may be vacated by Elaina Kagan, nominee for the U. S. Supreme Court.

I'm no fan of Governor Gregoire's policies, or practices, and frankly, I think there was some funny business that went on to win her the election after multiple recounts. I have absolutely no proof -- The situation just seemed too contrived to be legitimate. Call me a conspiracy theorist on that topic!

Anyway, I would not be sorry to see Ms. Gregoire vacate her office and give Washingtonians an opportunity to see some real leadership in our Governor's office.

However...

The Solicitor General is the attorney that represents the United States in cases that come before the Supreme Court...which would mean that Christine Gregoire, with her liberal leanings, and political debts to pay and play, would be the lead defender/ litigator for our country against those making claims against it. Think about that...Oh my!

As much as I want a change for our state, it might be better for our country if we suffered the damage here in Washington for a little while longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment