Thursday, December 31, 2009

People! It is NOT a new decade!!!!

I've talked about this before, on my other blog (leslieisverbose.blogspot.com) but had almost given up my campaign to get people to understand the Gregorian Calendar. Until today...Walter Williams started his guest-hosting of Rush Limbaugh's program by taking up the cause...Tomorrow is NOT the beginning of the decade...IT IS THE LAST YEAR OF THIS DECADE...Thank you, Mr. Williams!!! Finally, someone with authority to speak on the subject is backing me up!!!

I reiterate my previous explanation:

"Gregory’s calendar started with the Year One – not a zero year as we do with people, but Year One. In contrast, when a baby is born, we do not say he is One because he is in his first year. We say he is 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, etc. Then, AFTER he has completed his first year, we say he is One. He becomes ONE at the beginning of his SECOND year. Since the Gregorian calendar began with the Year One, it started as Year One in January. At the end of that first year, it became Year Two. It became Year Two at the BEGINNING of Year Two – not the end. Are you with me here, folks? Are you picking up what I’m putting down? What I am saying is that we are living the Year 2009, we have not completed it and started Year 2010, as is commonly thought."

Tomorrow we will begin the year 2010, and 365 days from today, we will be ending the first decade of the second millenium...

Until then, don't talk to me about the top stories or events of the decade, 'cause we don't know all of the stories of this decade yet...GOT IT???!!!

At least I'm not sensitive about this...

1 comment: